Hyavastii Kolkata...



I'm finally leaving. It's a little difficult to believe that I actually left India to pursue Game Designing. I guess I grew fonder and more comfortable with the people and place around me after coming back from my job. Such goodbyes are like 2 in 1 ice creams, I think. You and others feel sad that you're going away but also happy that you finally get to do your thing. And the day you leave your home is like taking a big scoop of that ice cream. You'll find bits and pieces of both the flavors every few seconds. Leaving family is hard, seeing them getting suddenly emotional and hugging you tighter than you anticipated? That just makes you think twice about leaving. 

My friends are no less than my family. I don't think I would've been here in life without them. Leaving them behind or knowing that they already away, makes me feel hopeful and happy more than it makes me feel sad. I can't wait to see how we all will turn out to be. I believe in them. Oh, how much I'll miss Calcutta. It's noisy mornings, lazy days, breezy evenings and comforting nights. From this month onwards till the end of January is the best time to be there. Well, until next time.




Luggage weight was one of the things that was bothering me for quite some time. Without the help of my friends, I wouldn't have finished packing, and that too just around the limit. Now the only thing remaining was the cabin baggage, the allowance of which was 7-10 kgs, including the laptop bag. Here is where I got into trouble. I'm into gaming, it is my hobby, my interest and soon my profession and that's why I have an Alienware 👽 laptop. Just the bag with laptop, charger, and mouse is 8kgs+. What is one supposed to do in such a scenario (all Indians) if they have some food as well in their cabin luggage? That also was around 9kgs (4kgs of the bag) for me. I had to take this risk. I had planned to play my (poor) student card trick. Luckily, they didn't even look at my cabin baggage for the domestic flight, and I managed to get a guy to take my trolley bag with him as he didn't have any handbag. Phew! Oh, and word of advice, if you have a layover of more than 6 hrs, they won't let you in the departure area. You'll have to wait in some uncomfortable waiting area with an expensive lounge access. Lounges that are accessed through cards for free are INSIDE the departure gate, and you're outside. Thought you had it all figured out, right?! Yeah, so did I.

Well, I'm finally on a plane from CCU to HEL (no puns, please) waiting nervously to see how my life will change in the course of becoming an influential game designer. It will be one HEL (pun intended) of a ride. Till then, keep playing! 





Comments

Popular Posts